On almost any day of the year you can find a Slow Food event taking place somewhere in the world – with our active network organizing events to promote good, clean and fair food, and celebrate local products and traditions.Slow Food organizes a number of large international gatherings that bring together our network from around the world to share knowledge and experiences. These include:
- – dedicated to milk in all its shapes and forms, held every two years in Bra, Italy
- Indigenous Terra Madre – meetings of representatives of indigenous communities and food producers from around the world. First held in Sweden in 2011.
- International Congress – a key moment in the life of the movement, setting out our plans, objectives and strategy at the international level.
- – a biennial event dedicated to sustainable and artisanal fishing, held every two years in Genoa, Italy.
- – a celebration of sustainable and traditional animal husbandry that is also a call to action for better meat production and consumption practices. Held in Denver, USA.
- Terra Madre Day – a celebration of local food with local-level events organized in communities around the globe every year on December 10.
- – the global meeting of the Slow Food and Terra Madre network held every two years in Turin, Italy.
- World Disco Soup Day – a worldwide, grassroots event organized by the Slow Food Youth Network to combat food waste with soup and dancing!